The Down and Dirty for Web Site Success
:: Friday, December 17, 2004 ::
A bit of help for the businesses this week who have asked me the same questions...
Problem: "My site isn't ranking well."
1. promotion via advertising, keyword bidding, pay for inclusion
2. links to it, and the pages inside it, from sites that meet specific criteria - good rank, keyword anchor text, same or similar topic, not from a page with 100 other links
3. user centered design so that other people will use it,can use it, recommend it, and web owners will want to link to it without conning you to link back
4. a professional search engine optimization/marketer, choose your weapon of choice (hat color)
5. a professional copywriter with persuasive marketing writing skills
6. Submission to Directories - List of Directories
Problem: "I can't find my site in Search Engines"
It wasn't built so that search engines could index it properly.
See items 1 - 6 above.
plus #7. Your site was launched recently and is in the sand(box).
Problem: "Traffic shows people leave after seeing the homepage."
Who was it designed for?
Instead of guessing what's wrong, get a web site analysis. Try this. Budget Basic. Make sure the basics are covered.
Buy How to Quench Your Web Site Visitors' Thirst.
For the students among you, Web Design From Scratch
Web Site Usability Self-Study.
or here's a hug.
For Your Big Red Tool Box
Keyword Difficulty & Top 10 Competition Analysis Tool
"...automatically measures many of the factors related to keyword difficulty, including measuring the strength in backlinks, size & PR of the top 10 ranking sites."
Usability Specialist for Macromedia.
"This position is ideal for someone who is tired of doing usability tests only late in the product cycle and hearing that it's too late to fix problems. The Usability Specialist will be the advocate of the customer not the lone voice."
BRAVO! A company that gets it.
:: posted by Kim Krause Berg on 12/17/2004 04:37:15 PM
:: Today's Post Permalink |
Back to the BLOG Home
:: Email this Post
Cre8pc's Squidoo Lenses
Search Engine Marketing
Kit, by Dan Thies
My artistic friends love this picture.
Self-Esteem on Steroids
It's That Book Again
Conversions Topic is New York Times
Best Seller (Seriously)
Kim is a Member of the Usability Professionals
About Kim's Web Site Usability Reviews