A Usability and SEO Legend & Expert?
:: Thursday, July 22, 2004 ::
He called me a "Legend".
In an Interview with Kim Krause, Usability and SEO Legend & Expert of Cre8PC.com, Barry Swartz (aka RustryBrick) refers to me that way, and I feel it's my duty to set the record straight.
1. I can still go shopping in my local stores and not be recognized because nobody in my small town cares about web site usability. Ebay, on the other hand, is totally hot.
2. I've never spoken at or attended any SEO conference, though I've been invited, begged and bribed to.
3. My son is the family "Star", not me. He's a talented athlete, a pro at age 10 in 2 sports and now trying football because for the past 2 years, school teachers and various parents have said they've seen signs he'd be great in that too.
4. This is why I don't travel. His practice and game schedules take up the entire front of the refridgerator.
5. It's true I know more about SEO and Usability than baseball, but with a 10-year drilling me every day with facts and trivia, this could change.
6. I clean our "legendary" bathrooms.
7. I wear "expert" sweatpants to work.
8. Jakob Nielsen probably doesn't know who I am. Does that really matter?
9. Trying to get the usability folks to show off themselves in the Usability forum at Cre8asite is akin to looking for life on Mars. To them I say, quit hiding the water.
Still, it was nice to be able to talk about Cre8asiteForums,
and the SearchEngineCollege.com.
If any one strong point comes out the Interview, for which I was touched to be asked by the way, I'm hoping what comes across is that I'm here to help. If I don't have the answers, I have wealth of friends and peers who do and it's an honor to lead you to their great work.
:: posted by Kim Krause Berg on 7/22/2004 10:32:48 AM
:: Today's Post Permalink |
Back to the BLOG Home
:: Email this Post
Cre8pc's Squidoo Lenses
Search Engine Marketing
Kit, by Dan Thies
My artistic friends love this picture.
Self-Esteem on Steroids
It's That Book Again
Conversions Topic is New York Times
Best Seller (Seriously)
Kim is a Member of the Usability Professionals
About Kim's Web Site Usability Reviews